3/2/06

My worst Procrastination

My worst procrastination:

I have procrastinated so many times in my life , and i have suffered due to it many times. Each time I procrastinated, I made u my mind not to repeat my bad acts again. But, there was one procrastination. Which I would repent heavily, I found out the hard way.

Today, I woke up in the morning (read 7 AM) and finished my normal day duties. Everything was going normal until the phone rang. I saw the caller ID , it was Kittu mama(read Uncle) ,who was calling , I just carelessly passed the phone to my mother. She took the phone and after some seconds her face burst into tears of sadness. I found that her beloved sister (Savithri, my elder aunt) had passed away. I was dumbstruck and the news stuck me like a bolt from the blue. My aunt was just 54, she was very humble, sentimental and caring. My mom sobbed because she could not see her sister again. In my aunt’s hometown, they don’t allow the dead bodies to be kept for more than one day. To make matters worse, Byndore was 23 hours from Chennai and we could not go there in time for the cremation.

My mother cried and cried, that was all she could do. Looking at her, I felt very guilty. It was I, who had made her miss the last chance of seeing her dear sister alive. We had gone to Karnataka in 2004; we were staying at my father’s sister’s house located at Ambalpadi (near Udupi). My mother had planned to leave for Byndore to see my aunt, I did not want to go to Byndore because I thought I would be bored as my sisters (daughters of my Aunt) were married and there was nobody at her house to chat with. My mom had no choice as she could not go alone. I thought that we could see her the next year , but i was wrong.

At that time, we had no idea that It was an opportunity, a chance to see my dear aunt for the very last time. We left for Chennai after staying in Ambalpadi for ten long days. It didn’t strike me to spend atleast one day in Byndore.

God was good with me, he forgave all my procrastinations and even helped me make up for my procrastinations. But now, I cannot make up my procrastination, no matter how hard I try. All I can do is pray to the almighty to make give her soul salvation and just hope that I never do procrastinate again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home