3/8/07

Obsessions

Obsessions:
I am obsessed with some things, facts, & persons in my life. Although i know that it is bad to be obsessed, i can't help it.
My first obsession is that whenever i wake up, the first thing that comes across my mind decides the frame of mind that i will be in for the rest of the day.
Most of the good days that i've had in my life were those which began with good thoughts. Fortunately, most of my days have began with good thoughts, and those which didn't ended up being a disaster.

The best example was one incident that happened during my final year of college. We were supposed to attend a cultural event in Stella Mary's college. On the day of the event, i woke up with a sudden urge that we would win the All Over Trophy of the event, and i was constantly urging myself and my friends to go for the trophy right from the start. At first, my friends told me to stop blabbering, but finally, in the evening, we were standing with the All Over Trophy in our hands(it was such a great moment in my life, it still remains evergreen).

The second thing that I am obsessed about is the Number 5 & its multiples. Well, ask me why, this number is associated with the best incidents in my life. My mom once told me that when i was born, the clock struck 5:50 in the evening. I was born on October (the 10th month or the year). Maybe, that's why i am obsessed with 5. I would justify my obsession by quoting many incidents which are given below:

I got my first ever prize in the year 1995(which happened to my best year in terms of competitions won, until that i had never one even a consolation prize).
Even in studies, i was more proficient in my 10th standard, i enjoyed the year 2000 better than any year. Unfortunately the last two years of my school education were not that great :-(. Interestingly, the classroom in which i studied my tenth standard was numbered 55).

If you say that those incidents were just a co-incidence, just let me add.
The first Multi-School event that i won was held at The Red Cross Society in Egmore, Chennai. We were the 5th team, and when I won another quiz competition at the Malayalee club in Chetpet, there also we were the 5th team(Interestingly we were trailing till the fifth round, Guess what? We won the tie-breaker by 5 points).

Well, i think you might be going crazy after reading this, but if you think that's the end, just read below.

When i came to Element K for an interview, i entered in at 10:10AM. My visitor pass number was 10 and when i got selected, i was the Tenth ID to be selected.


My third obsession is with the color Red. I love the color and i have atleast 5 red T-shirts. I have been criticised by my parents, relatives, friends etc, but still i prefer to wear Red. I don't know why? I am not a communist nor am I a Saint. But, one thing for sure, i love Red purely because i see something in it which other colors do not have.


My last obsession is the worst, i love Tea. I just don't love it, i thrive on it. My mother always scolds me saying that drinking too much of Tea is bad for health. But i still maintain the habit of having Tea anytime and everytime,(be it 4AM or 12PM).
(I do agree that this habit is having a heavy toll on my intestine, but i can't help it).

Although my obsessions have always provided me with happiness, i would definitely give them up someday. After all, obsessions are also a form of obstacles, they take you to smaller victories but they also bind you to smaller things thus preventing you from achieving higher goals.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger mahesh said...

Thalaiva, I always see you drinking coffee, never seen you drinking tea. What about your obsession for veg. puffs?

It seems five has a big role in your life, stick to one lover and one wife not five(Just joking man)

A really good article. Waiting for your next post.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

I usually drink Coffee here because I don't like Tea from vending machines, they don't have that Natural taste.

Well, as for veg puffs, i am not obsessed with them. It's just that i love snacks and they are the only alternative to Cutlets.
Otherwise, you would rarely find me eating them, i prefer Samosas and Cutlets to Puffs anyday

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger abhilash warrier said...

Five fucking barnacles.. blistering blood-sucking leeches... oh my god, i died five times while reading this post...

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

You died five times while reading my post! Dude??? Were you alive in the first place.

please do update your blog :-)

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Nithya said...

hey!

gud one. Again. u still with EK?

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Yup! Nithya, Iam still with EK.

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beta, there is only one ASWIN we know in life...and dude, there can never be another one like YOU.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home