8/18/06

To be or not to be



It has been a year since I started working. My professional life has started influencing my character a lot. All through my life, I have been a very emotional and sentimental character, but now I see that I have to change, change rapidly, because in a corporate world, there is no value for sentiments. I have learnt a lot during this short period. One of the most important lessons that I learnt was, “Never be sentimental or emotional, because whenever you are sentimental, you tend to depend on a person or thing which makes you dependant and affects your growth, never be emotional because people may use your emotions (Read “screw you up”) and may take advantage of your emotions”.

I also learnt that self-confidence, career orientation, and professionalism are the keys to succeed in life. My biggest problem is that in order to become a professional, I have to mend my ways, to say it shortly, “I have to be what I never was” that is Non-sentimental, professional, career oriented and in a way, selfish. When I asked myself this question, “what do I want to be, just another good human being or a great achiever”, the answer that I got was clear and obvious. My brain agrees with it, but my heart vehemently disagrees. So I find myself in a dilemma “To be myself and live an ordinary life or change my ways to become an achiever”. The questions still remains answered “To be or not to be”. Only time will answer.

Image source: guerrillaconsulting.typepad.com

7 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Dude...by looking at ma blog can u imagine that Im working as a consultant facing clients (right now angrez customers) ??

Its not easy...

But then its kinda fun too...Professional life is totally diff from what we actually are...

Like you...am also a lot sentimental and emotional guy and yes I cant give up what I am for being a professinal..but there is no other otion....paapi pet ka sawal hai :)

Good luck dude!!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Hi yaar! Thanks a lot. I agree with you, professional life is fun too, but what to do, no cool chicks in my office :(, hope that you are doing better in UK. wish you all the best, bye.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger kannan raman said...

billkul teek kaha Arzne.

be sentimental but dont be too emotional.

there is no value for it, once you lose confidence in your sentiments.

here i am with a bad experiences due to my sentiment and emotional.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Hi Kannan, i agree with you both, i too have had bad experiences in the past due to the inability to control my emotions, i have learnt a lot from my past experiences.
Thanks for sharing your views.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO MR.ASWIN I'M ARTHI HERE I AM SO IMPRESSED BY READING UR ARTICLES ITS ALL ABT OUR REAL LIFE.I THANKFUL TO U BY WRITING THIS.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Thanks Arthi

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Gulshan said...

Handshake is a free digital business card and contact manager app that allows you to manage your contacts, manage your business cards, and grow your network.
Contactless business cards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home