12/29/10

End of yet another roller coaster ride


Time has flown so quickly. It has been 5 months since I blogged and I didn't even notice. A lot has happened since. BL, my love, has got engaged to a guy in BLR. I got an offer in a good MNC and have quit the company which I was working in. Grandma passed away and what not.
Things have happened so fast that I didn't even get time to comprehend them.

If each person's life is considered to be one long journey, mine just happens to be a set of roller coaster rides. My last roller coaster ride started from August 11, 2008, the date when I joined Sfy. When I left EK for Sfy, I came into the organization expecting to learn a lot, professionally. And.. I must say, Sfy has taught me a lot of things, positive and negative. But the positives outnumbered the negatives by a distance.

I really cherished my tenure at Sfy for the following reasons:
This place allowed me to:
1)Experiment on a variety of projects, commit some costly blunders, and yet, still get the opportunity to redeem myself.
2)Work with a team which always got even the toughest job done with a smile.
3)Learn the tricks of the trade, judge people by looking at their nature, not their face.
4)Look into things more objectively, not just from my perspective.
5)Enjoy my work and cherish my achievement and accept my failures.
6)Appreciate every single opportunity and make the most of it.

While I have to admit that things weren't rosy as they seem. For one, I always believed that the extra-curricular activities at this place were severely lagging. Also, my mentor was at times, lacking focus, judging me by my past mistakes, and focusing too much on the short-term. Thankfully, things changed for good and we shared a great rapport ever since then. To say frankly, I was to blame for most of the things that happened, and to my credit, I set things right.

Also, I worked with some of the most jovial persons that I have ever seen. I was surprised to see a few team members smile even when they knew that they were made to stay back as late as 2AM. Their effort and passion totally rejuvenated me and changed the way I approached projects. The best thing that ever happened to me was my lead. While she was not the best boss I did have, I learned a lot of professionalism and variety of ID strategies under her tutelage. At the end, I have to give her full credit for building my professional repertoire.

The biggest pluspoint of working at this place was that I learned to respect other people no matter what they thought of me. I knew that some people would hate me no matter what I do or not do. But rather than trying to please them, I focused purely on doing my job with maximum efficiency. Thankfully, I got my due over here.

To say shortly, SFY taught me to mind my own business and do it best :)

I wish to end this post thanking my lead Puja and my current and erstwhile team members in no particular order: Paridhi, Pandi, Puja, Prabu, Gopal, Saras, Sam, Balaji, Jose, Devi, Senthil, Deepa, Sharada,Mujeeba, Anitha, Rathna, Paul, Aijaz, Leela, Vinodh, Srividya, Vijay, Shanky, Vijaybhaskar, Srini, and Vishesh.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Anu said...

Hey Aswin! Been a long time..and its' really nice to catch up with you!
Sorry to hear that you had some disappointments in life, but that is life! I hope you overcome them soon..
I'm glad for your professional success!
May this new year bring a lot of happiness to you and your family!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger mahesh said...

Ashwin - 2011 is going to be one super-successful year for you both on the personal and the professional front.

Let bygones be bygones, stop worrying about BL, SFY and EK.

The future promises excellent tidings and your "mappillai value" has gone up by several notches with your new posting.

I am sure you're gonna get engaged this year man and as I messaged you the other day you have a massive chance for an office romance coming up:)

All the best :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home