3/10/06

Hope never fails

Hope never fails.

I am one of the very few persons in the world who had the fortune to survive some very bad situations. I have made many mistakes, the worst mistake was quitting three companies in six months. IT all began with my first job in a BPO. My first two months were fun as I was in training. When we were sent to the floor(original workplace), my nightmares began.

I was surrounded by people working with headphones and speaking with an alien accent. A place where words like Bas***d and F###er were very commonly repeated by Team leaders and Managers. I felt like a fish out of water, I took my first call on the job, it was a disaster as the lady at the other end hung up, I hoped that it would get better the other day, the other day went fine as I took 23 calls and spent 8 and half hours on the job. However, there was an intense feeling inside me that said I never belonged here.

My worst fears came true, I was never good at taking calls, I often made my clients irate and decided that I was not fit for this job. I quit my first job with great pain and convinced my parents that I took the right decision (which I knew was wrong at that time). I then joined a small company in Kodambakkam, which gave me courage and the will to work with freedom.

I joined the company on October 12 th, it was a company called Harshini Software solutions , I got the designation of Customer Support officer, my salary was meager, but I didn’t mind as I got a lot of friends in that office. I was happy as I found a new job sooner than I hoped.

I got some good friends like Faizal sir, Karthick sir, Sandhya, Murugan sir, Nanda and Shenbagavalli and more. We worked together like a family. I learnt a lot from Karthick and Faizal as they taught me that life had a lot to teach. Faizal sir also told me that I must search for another job, as I must make a career. It sounded bitter, but I knew that truth was always bitter, so I left the job and searched for a new one hoping to find a good career.

My hopes were again fulfilled; I was trained by MAFOI academy. I spent 2 weeks of training on E-learning. I got a lot of friends like Karthick, Nafees, Devi, Aparna, Nancy, Ramesh, John, Aparna, Vaishnavi, Suhani, Sivaranjini. We all had a great time at the academy. Those were one of the best days in my life, I had learnt a lot. We were supposed to be placed at SIFy; unfortunately, only 5 of us were selected and the rest started searching for jobs elsewhere.

I went to a lot of companies and then got selected in a concern called EM*****S. It was a very good concern to work with. But, I felt that I didn’t belong there as I was placed as quality control officer and I had no interest in that field. I pleaded with the HR to transfer me to ID. But , it was of no use. I resigned the job and lied to my dad that they forced me to resign. I knew that i had done a mistake, but it was too late.

I felt a lot of pain in my heart, I had cheated everybody including my parents. I thought I was of no use to my family. Something in my heart told me that I was right. I gathered courage and searched for jobs again. This time, I made sure that I would select the right job and stay. My efforts met with failures for ten days. My dad advised me to go to the temple and pray to god. I went to a famous siva temple in Saidapet. I prayed sincerely, I began my job search with a new found enthusiasm. My efforts again met with failures, I was disgusted and thought of going back to BPO jobs. I prayed to god not to make me work in a BPO again.

I made up my mind to intensify my search and be more selective. I heard from my friend Karthick that there was a vacancy for ID’s in a company at Chetpet. He didn’t give me the address ,but only the name. I went to Chetpet that day and searched for the company , could not find it as nobody could assist me without the address. I could not contact Karthick as he was out of town. I took a bus to Besant Nagar and went to every E-learning company that could offer me a job. I spent the whole day traveling around the city. When I reached home, I prayed to god to help. The Next day, I made up my mind to accept any job even if it was a BPo. I was about to leave for an Interview in a BPO, just then I received a call from an E-learning company. I was thrilled to find that it was the same company that I was searching. So I thanked god and attended the interview at that company (I am working in it today, I am very happy with the working environment).

Once again, I realized that my hopes were materialized solely due to my belief in god and myself. I realized that I was lucky enough to get everything which I always hoped inspite of the fact, that I had taken several wrong decisions.

2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Lavanya said...

Life gives us more than just second chances, it gives us 3rd and 4th chances as proven in your case:-)All the best!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Hi lavanya, first of all ,thanks for visiting my blog. I have just written some of the incidents that have taught me to be positive in tight situations . Well, i am hoping to improve upon my writing skills and i am expecting the support of bloggers like you to help me out .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home