9/21/07

Me, a Rower??????????

It has been a very long time since i blogged. Although there were a thousand reasons for the delay, the main one was lack of interest. Well, the main reason for me to blog now is to remind myself that i am now an amateur rower,(Yes, I am or atleast i think i am). One of the many good things about my organization is that although you are never short of work, you get to participate in a lot of extra curricular activites. One of them is Rowing. Our company is a regular participant in the Merchant and Bankers regatta held by Adyar Boat Club in Chennai. For people who don't know, A regatta is a rowing event where two boats race side by side. The Merchant and Bankers regatta is an event that was initially started for merchants and bankers. BUt today it stands as a prestigious event where corporates like Element K, Thinksoft, JWT, O&M, Sify, and Lionbridge take part.

I am a part of Element K rowing team. I am taking part in two events, Fours and DOuble Sculls.
Initially, i had planned just to attend a few days of practice and then quietly escape ;-), but as fate would have it, this wonderfull, but strenous sport pulled me in and here am participating in two events. It seemed so funny for me, a person who likes to sleep till 7am and seldom works out, to wake up at 5, and travel 15 kms by Bus to reach the boatclub and practice for 6 days a week.

So far, it has been fun, but now the races are nearing. In two days, I would be participating in a race. Let's see what happens. Although i have slim chances of winning, i would be happy if i can give my best. I just pray that my team finishes first in this Regatta and takes home the Overall Trophy this year. Untill then, lemme give my best shot.


Me and My friend Nagendran in a Double Scull boat.

3 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I belive its called the Madras Boat Club!!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Yeah dude! You're right, it is indeed the Madrasboat club, just used the word "Adyar" accidently here.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Nagendran N said...

Hi Aswin,

How are you? This morning I just recall my EK memories and yes Rowing is what strikes first. Then I remember you been told that you have posted few articles in blog and I am here.

Its been pleasure to see now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home