2/28/09

Saaral-Vizhiyoram



My friend Gopakumar, music composer Sanjeev Philip Thomas, and singer Benny Dayal, released his first video song, Vizhiyoram from their album Saaral.

This song is called Vizhyoram, a melodious number based on love.

Let me put my thoughts about this song shortly:

The song has been shot alongside some beach shore. The picturesque background blended perfectly with the wonderful rendering of the song Vizhiyoram made it a treat to watch. Kudos to the Saaral team for selecting a picturesque location!

Selection of the song: As a fan of peppy numbers, I felt that Vizhiyoram was not the apt beginning for a video album. There were better peppy numbers in Saaral such as Yenthan Nenjil Unmugam, Ethedo, and Oru party. But after listening to this song, I was proved wrong, thankfully. Love is an emotion that is universally felt. I realized the best way to start off a video album was to start with a melodious number on love.

The Singer: I always admire singers who are versatile. Benny Dayal is one among them. Who else could have sung this song better? But I felt he could have improved upon his body language.

Best Thing about this song: Mostly, melodious songs are shot with actors expressing sad emotions. Since this was a love song, I expected these people to portray sad or thoughtful looks, but these guys showed eccentric body language.
For instance, there is a line in this song which reads “Vedantham sollum Vedangal yellam vendaam, vendaam penne (Literally translates to ‘No need for quotes from Vedas my dear girl’)”, this was supposed to be in a thoughtful mood. But in the album, Gopu, Sanjeev, and Benny have sung this verse portraying a sort of eccentric emotion. For me, this was refreshingly different although it looked weird at times. This song gained a liveliness due to the eccentric body language.

Overall, this album was good. Please listen to this song by clicking the link below and provide your comments.
@Gopu: You looked 10 years younger, dude! :D

Click the link below to listen to the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8r9JDNxBbY

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Anu said...

wow!I too like Benny's singing. Is the song available in internet? I wud like to listen...

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Hi Vaish, Nice to hear that you liked the song too! As mentioned in my post, the URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8r9JDNxBbY

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ,
good review!
there are many who like this song!
I am one among them!

Other singers should learn the way Benny pronounces tamil in it's true form! Hats off!

Keep up the good job guys!

I came across this song ' Uyire' sung by a malaysian singer..too good it is! check it out

regards,
Kishore

 

Post a Comment

<< Home