8/27/08

The End of a Chapter, the Beginning of A NEW One!!!!

August 8th, 2008 marked an end of a chapter in my book called life. I was relieved from EK, my former family (organization) and on August 11th, 2008, a new chapter in my life began, I joined my current Organization, Sify, on August 11th, 2008. On my first day,I finished my joining formalities at Tidel Park. The joining formalities hardly took 3 hours in total. After completing it, I had lunch at the Sangeetha outlet in the Food Court at Tidel. As I came out of Tidel, I remembered that I had to visit the IGNOU regional center located at Taramani, 3 kms away from Tidel, to enquire about the status of my MBA entrance exam hall ticket (It was supposed to reach me by 8th, August).

As the bus frequency along the IT Highway was very low, I decided to walk all the way. As I walked along the road, it struck me that infact it was at this sameTidel Park that I had completed my joining formalities 3 years ago when I was with Sutherland. As I thought of my first job, many memories of the past flashed through my mind. It just dawned to me that I had QUIT EK. No more jolly tea-chat sessions with Sai, Sivan, Deepak, Jayanth, and Nagaraj. No more Cricket nets sessions, no more tea-kadai mokkai sessions at the Guindy teashop, no more Cricket discussions. For a moment, it dawned to me that things had happened too fast for me to even feel or think about it. I had spent 20 months with EK, made so many good friends, had so many great moments there, but within one month, I had said goodbye!

I came to the Nandanam office on August 12th. I got a system at 12 pm, started blogging right away. I was a bit apprehensive on how my new organization would treat me. I was feeling lonely for quite sometime before I saw my old friends Karkuzhali, Devi, and Harishankar. Meeting them made me feel better. Plus, my lead ID introduced me to my team members; all the people seemed to be very jovial and relaxed. I was given a warm welcome and within fifteen days of my joining, I have started feeling that this place would be like my second home and provide me immense knowledge and many good moments. Hope the forthcoming months prove me right!!!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Unwinding Hours said...

Good to know that you feel comfortable now. And FYI, you can have cricket gup-shup over tea/coffee here also :-)

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Thanks Vishal sir, I am sure Sify will treat me better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home