4/12/08

A Trip to Hyderabad

Life was going pretty boring as work was getting monotonous. I wanted to plan a short trip to some place so i could revive my sagging spirit. Just then, Vasu,my cousin, came online and we started chatting, he invited me to come to Hyderabad. I jumped upon the thought of travelling to HYDERABAD not only because it was a city that i wanted to visit, but also that my uncle Nagaraj and my cousins lived there.

SO i booked my tickets and left to HYD by Hyderabad Express on April 4th,4:45pm.

A beautifull morning: The train journey was pleasant. By the time,i woke up in the morning, the train had reached Secunderabad, i just gazed at the window and was amazed to see some beautifull scenaries: The view of the Hussain Sagar lake, Lakde Ka pool station, and the clean and wide roads.

I got down at HYD, where my cousin Vasu was waiting. We reached my Uncle's house around 7am. My relatives were overjoyed to see me, infact i was the one who was even more overjoyed to see them.

I had my breakfast, and spent my time chatting with my cousins, Vasu and Thulasi.
My cousins had planned to show me around Hyderabad, so we decided to roam in the evening as the weather was a bit hot.

In the evening, I visited Birla Mandir: It is a beautifull temple, having lord Vishnu as the main deity, built over a hill, beautifully constructed with marble and granite tilings. The view of the city from the temple was amazing. I had a nice dharsan. I asked Vasu to take some pictures of the temple so that i can post it here, but unfortunately, the temple authorities said that we could not shoot any photos there.


Next, we went to EATSTREET. Eat street is an advanced version of a food court. It is a place located at Necklace road in HYD. The street is filled with many restaurants, ice cream parlours, chat shops etc that cater different varieties of food to people. The major pluspoint of this place is that it is located in an exotic location: Along the banks of the Hussain Sagar Lake. Just think of this, if you ever have a special person with whom you need to spend some quality time, you can take them to this place, order your favorite food and just spend a lovely evening watching the scenic view of the lake. This place is a heaven during the night time. I would definitely love to take my wife to this place one day.

I spent the next two days with my relatives.I didn;t want to roam around anymore because i just wanted to spend some quality time with my cousins. Of course, i spent this UGADI(Telugu NewYear)with them.

I boarded the Charminar Express on April 7th. MY cousins, Anil and Vasu, came to the station to send me off, as the train started off from the station, i sighed thinking how my three days had just passed off so quickly. Truly, i enjoyed my trip to Hyderabad. Hope i visit it once again in the near future. It is truly a special place because it is associated with BL.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger prasanna venkatesh said...

hey Ashwin.. really nice to see you blog regularly da. read lots of your blogs only tdy, after a long time. Good da. Hope you are doing great and good.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is been a decade since I visited hyderabad. But your post brings back memories....:D

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Hai Baji said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Spa in Hyderabad said...

Hyderabad is one of the places where i love to visit again and again. Your special blog about this particular increased my happiness. Thanks for the wonderful post and keep up the work.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Dimpy Roy said...

Your trip is really inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Hyderabad (Bhagyanagar), the sixth most populous city in India, is the capital of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. I would like to share more about Hyderabad hotels. Check out the services of hotel Megha City Hyderabad, a hotel for budget travelers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home