1/12/08

One usefull message

I have received many messages in my mobile phone, most of them are useless forward messages that are sent to me by my friends. I usually delete messages in my inbox so that it doesn't keep displaying the message "INBOX FULL". Today, as usual, i took my mobile today and unlocked it just to see that my inbox was full again. I had to delete a few messages and was looking at all the messages trying to find the ones that i could delete immediately.
Just then, i happened to see a message from a very dear friend.

This message was a very old one, it was sent to me in August 11th, 2007. But somehow, i had not deleted it since it was sent by one of my best friends. This was a reply to a message Where i had said, "When you build a team to win, look for people who hate to lose". She had sent a reply which not only shook me, but made me think over my attitude.

The message goes like this :
"In my 23 years of lifetime, i've never seen a person who loves to lose! When you build a team to win, look for people who would be humble enough to sacrifice personal fame and work for a higher purpose... Because victory is like a butterfly, if you chase it, it will run away. Wait with perseverance, it'll come to you".

Note to my friend: Dear Nandy! Thanks for your advice! Although i knew the message was just a reply with pun intended, it changed my attitude totally. Maybe, when i prepare a team for a purpose, i'll definitely keep your advice in mind. Thanks Nandy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have to disagree with you and your friend Aswin.
If and when I am to build a team. I would choose neither people who hate to lose nor people who would be humble enough to sacrifice personal fame and work for a higher purpose.
I would instead people who (will) enjoy what we are about to do.
A word of caution about "... work for a higher purpose..." Read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Thanks Hari,
A winning team consists of two types of people, people who dedicate themselves for the cause of team victory and those people who perform well merely because they love the game and are giving their best due to sheer interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home