9/1/13

Ramblings of a Confused Man


I have been away from this blog for almost 2 years now. A lot of things have happened since then, I saw the love of my life get married, I got married to a lovely lady, and I will becone a father, a Dad, by the end of this year.
It's funny how time passes by. In April 2002, I was seeing the world as a confused teenager with a lot of dreams, expectation, and apprehensions. All I wanted was to complete a degree and get a job. Getting a good job was one of my goals, if not my only goal. Then, years passed by and I completed graduation in 2005. 3 beautiful years in college. Life was so heavenly.  I still remember the day I passed an interview and got an offer letter from the then-popular BPO Sutherland Global Services. It seems that life was bliss until reality struck.

I learned soon enough that I was never a proper fit in the BPO industry. I quit the company within 2 months. In the subsequent months, I joined and quit 2 more jobs. Continuous failures haunted my mind and I was becoming a mental and financial wreck. Finally, sense prevailed when I stumbled upon this career, Instructional Design, by accident and since then I have never looked back.

The point that I wish to make from this completely long and nonsensical post is that, without ambition life is pointless. I never had a proper ambition and as a result, I am not sure what the hell I am doing now. From a pretty young age, I had many ambitions - Scientist, Astronomer, Paleontologist, Writer, Actor, and so on. As they say, a person without a goal is like a missile without a target, it will only end up nowhere.

Although life is going pretty fine, sooner or later I have to decide what I need to do with my life. I have decided to update this blog today as a part of my goal. From now onwards, no matter what, I will not waste my energy on meaningless things such as reading stupid and meaningless articles, news, that never make a difference. I will focus and spend my energy only on things that benefit me, my family, friends, and the society.

As someone once said, If you want to do something good and meaningful, the best time to start would be NOW. With this long article, I take the first baby step towards my ambition.
Thanks to you folks, readers of my blog (even though the number may be in single digit), for guiding me through this long journey even despite my constant ramblings in this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home