1/18/07

My New organization:

I joined a new organization on December 27th, 2006. My first two days were not eventful as I had a lot of formalities to complete. After two days of wait, they finally provided me with a work station. After signing into my computer and browsing through the company policies, i met my to-be-teammates. I was first very apprehensive about befriending people, but my fears were nullified when i saw that people here are professional and very co-operative.

The best part is that the company is located at Thiru Vi Ka Industrial estate at Guindy. Which is just 8 minutes away from the nearby local railway station. The roads in the estate are very dusty, but yet, the presence of trees on either side( A very rare sight in in Chennai) and the calmness makes me feel peaceful while walking to my company.
I learnt from my peers that the company had a very exhaustive process which eases work easy for employees and reduces errors.


The best part was that i could access all mail sites, blogs, and also listen to songs.
Employees are provided with subsidized lunch(Hmm, yummy :-) ) .we have lunch on the fifth floor on the terrace. So we get a good view of the surrounding buildings and also feel the windy breeze flowing. The cafeteria here is small, but it provides a very good view of the Guindy industrial Estate. Whenever i sit near the window of the cafeteria and have coffee, my mind gets relaxed and refreshed.


On January 13th. All the Instructional Designers in my company had planned to celebrate Pongal by decorating our bays with sugarcane, and artificial flowers. We planned to work as a group to decorate the company. I was assigned the task of decorating the ID bays with artificial flowers, it took us (I , Sivanarul, Hari, and Krishna) 2 ½ hours to decorate the bay which is 250 feet in length. I made new friends such as Jayanth, Sivanarul, Sathyamurthy,Arun, Hari, and Manjula.My colleagues at Ma Foi, Ramesh, and Aparna have also been working here for the past one year. A college friend of mine,Mahesh, also joined our company on January 8th. He is a good fellow, i hope to learn a lot about ID from him too. My Manager seems to be a friendly and professional guy.

The things that i like about my company are 1) They have a good and exhaustive process 2)They provide you with all resources provided that you complete their work. and 3) They have a separate floor where employees play games like Table Tennis, Carrom, & Chess.
Well, currently I am yet to undergo training. All said and done, work satisfaction is the most important aspect for an employee. So i just pray to god and hope that my tenure in this company would be Fun-filled, ever-learning, productive, and very satisfying.



Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger abhilash warrier said...

What about Element "G"? Girls, women?

are they there? do they exist?

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Abhilash :-)), of course, there are girls dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home