2/1/07

Saturday (27th January, 2007)

I woke up on Saturday, i felt bored as there was nothing to do. So went to visit the Thiruvateeswara temple in Triplicane. The temple was small, but it was divine and vibrant. I was happy that i finally saw this temple after all these years. I learnt that the temple was more than 1300 years old. I was amazed how i had no knowledge of such a great temple inspite of living in Triplicane for nearly 15 years.

I left the temple and visited my friend Gopi. He was starting off to Parthasarathy temple(which is another famous 1000 year old Vishnu temple) in Triplicane.
We both went to the temple along with Balaji, Gopi's friend. I roamed around the temple restlessly, i never seemed to be praying and i wanted to go out as soon as possible.
It was strange as it was one of my favourite temples and Narasimha was one of my favourite gods as well. Whenever i visited this temple, i remembered BL.
Maybe i think that after i marry her, i would take her to this temple more often.

After visiting the temple, I went to my uncle's house and had lunch. There was nothing else to do, so in the evening, i again went to the Parthasarathy temple, but this time, i saw my friend Prasanna venkatesh, who had also come there. It always happens that when i see a friend at a temple, my devotion goes for a toss. I always wonder why i discuss my personal issues with my friends when i had other important matters to share with.

After a hour, I left the temple wondering why i had come there in the first place.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger mahesh said...

Mate the plot keeps thickening, from Miss BL to Miss T, to know Miss T to tease Miss BL, to just another imaginary thought, to marrying Miss BL..well, this has the essence of a romantic thriller, dont forget to call me for your wedding man.

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ashwin, you so young, and already seem to have chosen ur mate.. :-)
all the best buddy! - Joseph

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Yah sure, Mahesh, will call you for the wedding. But let BL agree first.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Aswin Kini said...

Hi Joseph, BL is just a figment of imagination, though it is the shadow of a real character that i know.

I am glad that you found something interesting in these posts.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger abhilash warrier said...

yeah, yeah... we all know sidney sheldon passed away and he's passed his mantle to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home