3/29/14

Life, work, and a lot of other things!!!!!!!

Many months have passed by and I have returned to this blog after a long long time..... I feel reborn. I feel like I am about to gain salvation...... No.... Actually, I feel like I am going to vomit....no not vomitting in the literal sense, but to dump out my negative thoughts so that I can live freely again... I am 29 and pushing 30..... this year.... I am now a father.... Yes the word "Father" gains prominence here because there is a completely new and happy responsibility in my life, my son, who is now a few months old.

Well, back to the point... For the past few months, I have seen some wonderful things and horrible things.... I have become so disillusioned with myself that I am losing focus of what's important and what's not. I don't care what people think about me because I realize that their opinion is worth shit as far as my family is concerned. I have been labelled many things - a slacker, a cocky guy, overconfident fellow, and so on.... but never wanted to be branded as an incompetent, especially considering that I truly have talent and potential.
I have been losing my mind due to a lot of professional and personal reasons, but fortunately, my family itself is enough to keep me from going insane.  I came into this industry hoping to earn enough to help my family. This industry has given me a lot of good things.... But as years have passed by, I have started to realize that it has also started taking some of the things that I considered so precious, my time, my family, and now my confidence..

The IT industry has been blamed for many things. I don't want to keep blaming it as I know that the problem lies not with the industry, but with my perspective and attitude towards it. Many people in India think that they need to earn XXXX dollars of money.. And they justify their hard and stringent timelines by thinking that their astronomical salaries are worth the hassle, but little do they realize that not everything is as fine as it seems. True, the money and the social status are a boon to any IT employee. But soon, the very milestones they cross turn into millstones on their neck. They slowly find that going to work becomes a hassle, a tiresome journey, and sometimes, work becomes hell and you start working on a Monday praying to god that Friday comes soon.You start seeing your family and children only on weekends, you start losing touch with your own brother, you go to office in the morning wondering what bomb is awaiting you in office.... So much negativity... Well, I just vomited my thoughts.. SO now, let's get back to reality.

Let's speak about the positive side of things for a change. I know I have digressed from the main point, but it is better to digress and feel positive than start thinking about mundane reality and stressing yourself.
I realized that I started to take things too seriously, so seriously that everything seemed to become a burden. I slowly lost the real perspective of things.. things that seem so trivial but actually make a huge difference. Things like sharing a good word of two with your colleague, friend etc, going for a happy tea break with your colleagues, sharing a light joke with your manager, and most importantly, smile and make each moment count. This negativity bogged me down so much that I started becoming a nervous wreck, affecting my family as well as my office team... As a result, my professional reputation got tarnished to such an extent that I felt like resigning immediately. Thankfully, sense prevailed and I am back to normal.. I understand that life is more complicated than it seems, but the solution to lead a happy life is so simple.....Be satisfied with what you have, learn to live with facts, work around your strengths, and ensure you choose the right path... MOre importantly, lead your life in the way you want it to be, not because someone told you so....

With this new found, so-called solution, i am getting back to work.... Not sure how much I will succeed, but at least, I will be happy... Hoping to return to this blog with a lot of happy things to sure.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home